Correctly mounted products are covered by a five-year warranty for all our mechanical products, and a two-year warranty for motorized products.
We value our customers and appreciate feedback from them. In the unlikely event of a problem with your product or delivery, you can rest assured that we will do our utmost to resolve the matter quickly and courteously to your satisfaction.
Products damaged during transport should be reported to SMS within three working days of the delivery. For more information regarding this procedure, contact us.
Detailed warranty terms
- SMS guarantees that a product that SMS has determined to be defective as a result of deficient manufacture or material will be repaired or – if necessary – replaced, without cost, on condition that a claim is made within the period of guarantee. The warranty does not apply for normal wear and tear.
- In the event of a claim being made under the terms of the warranty, please send a copy of the invoice to SMS. As a next step you will receive a return form from SMS which you attach to the product and send back to us. The return address is on the form. The purchaser pays the freight cost. If the product is found faulty after our quality controls we will credit you.
- The warranty provided by SMS does not apply under the following conditions:
- If the product has been drilled, mounted and/or used in any way that is not in accordance with the instructions for use or if it has been mounted using inappropriate mounting fittings.
- If the product has been modified or repaired by anyone other than SMS.
- If the defect has arisen as a result of external factors (that are not associated with the product), such as lightning strike, water damage, fire, mechanical scratching, storage at extreme temperatures, weather conditions, solvents or corrosive agents, faulty use, or carelessness.
- If the product has been used for equipment other than that specified on the packaging.